The group was approved by the UPC Council in December 2012.
Contact: Eduard Montseny
We orient our research capability, based on mathematical multidisciplinary modeling,
toward the development of systems that reliably and significally assist clinical researchers and practitioners
in the analysis of biomedical signals.
- To generate synergies with expert teams in clinical research based on the most exact modeling of their
needs and on the fitness of the group results as a solution of their problems.
- To generate new computational intelligence knowledge, methods and systems for the processing of biomedical
signals and images taking into account the directives expressed by experts in clinical research.
- To efficiently organize the research aimed at the solution of problems on the basis of advanced
computational intelligence techniques. In particular, to innovate in the representation and processing of the
vagueness and uncertainty inherently present in biomedical data, and in the formulation of the protocols
used by the experts.
- To develop reliable computational systems, easy to use by the clinical experts,
that implement the results of our research and which are.
- PhD thesis
- MSc Thesis and Final Degree Projects in Engineering
- Organization of Research Meetings
Potential Recipients of Value
- Medical Institutes
- People Seeking Research Training (including postdoc work)
- Companies developing products related to our research
- Scientific Societies
- Dissemination agencies
- University Research Groups
- Clinical Research Groups
- Computational facilities
External senior collaborators
External junior collaborators
© S. Xambó
Last revised: 4.2.2013